What information the Site collects
Information you provide directly to us:
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the Site. However, when you use certain Site functions, such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact the Site, we may ask you to provide information, including:
- contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number
- username and password
- information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features
- search queries conducted on the Site and
- correspondence you send to us
Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with the Site:
When you visit and interact with the Site, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address
- your browser type and operating system
- the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site
- activities within community discussions
- web pages and advertisements that you view, and links that you click on, within the Site
- your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing
- standard server log information and
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. For more information, please see our discussion of cookies and other technologies.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
- if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the Site, your username and connection lists for those services;
- demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests;
- advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad; and
- unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that the Site may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third-party sources.
How we use the information that we collect
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to the Site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
With your consent, we may use your mobile number to send you promotions, notifications, or other services.
To provide you with an open, but also civil, discussion forum, we track user involvement in our community discussions.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the Site such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards. We may also provide you with information or services that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, or contests.
In order to learn more about how our Site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase our Site’s functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs. We may also use the information we collect to personalize and improve the Site and our users’ experiences on the Site, such as providing ads, content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Site’s functionality and user friendliness.
We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, to enforce the Site’s Terms and Conditions, and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
It is our policy not to share the information we collect from you through our Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Site. For example, we may share information we collect as follows:
- We may share information we collect with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work with us.
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest.
- We may employ third parties to perform Site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information we collect with candidates, organizations, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives.
- We may share information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, acquisition, asset sale, financing or lending transaction, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of ASD.
- We may use the information we collect to help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations, and support for candidates, issues, and organizations that we support.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site’s Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent, including if we notify you on the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site.
To customize your experience on the Site and to simplify the Site’s registration process, we may provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Facebook and Twitter. When you connect to the Site through these third-party services, we may share information about you with these third-party service providers and they may share data about you with us.
When you allow us to access your data through a third-party service, we may use this data for several purposes, including:
- Creating relationships automatically within our system. For example, if you connect to us via a service with a public friend list, like Twitter, we may check to see if any people you follow on Twitter are also Site members. If we find a match, we will replicate your Twitter relationship with those members, setting them to be fans, followers, or friends on our Site.
- Suggesting relationships. For example, if you connect via a service that has a private contact list (like Google and Yahoo!), we check for people in your contacts who are Site members and suggest that you become a fan of these users.
- Populating a list of potential friends to whom you can send emails. When users share content with their friends using, for example, the forward-to-a-friend feature on the Site, we may use friend lists from third-party services to create a list of contacts to whom you may choose to send the email message.
- Populating a list of potential friends to whom you can send service-specific messages. For example, we may use friend lists from a third-party service to create a list of contacts to whom you may choose to send an invitation to view an interactive slideshow.
- To enhance and personalize your experience on the Site. When you are connected via a third-party service, we may access certain account information, such as your profile picture, what stories are popular in your network, and what your friends are saying about certain articles or blog posts, in order to enhance and personalize your experience on the Site.
In addition, if you connect to a Facebook account, your experience on the Site may be personalized. For example, you may automatically see what stories are popular in your network, and what your friends are saying about particular stories.
We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to third parties and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties.
We may use the information we collect for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and in other countries.
Deactivating your account
You can deactivate your account at any time by visiting the preferences page for your profile. When you deactivate your account, your user profile will be disabled, but your public comments will remain on the site. The Site has no responsibility to take down, remove, or edit any of your public activities or any submissions that are a result of your public activities. For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions.
You may “opt out” of receiving text messages, email updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those text messages and emails. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our Site, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters. Changes to information in your account does not affect information provided to others as set forth in this policy, including in connection with petitions or donations or that are shared with like-minded candidates, organizations, groups or causes.
Cookies and other technologies
When you use the Sites, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on our Sites. We treat this information as the other information we collect if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
When you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, any comments, and other information you provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
You understand that when you use the Site, information you: post in your profile, blogs, forums and other interactive areas of the Site, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Site or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. In addition, when you sign up and create an account, certain information regarding actions you take through the Site, may available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information. In some cases, there may be privacy setting available regarding the information available to others, and we suggest you take time to familiarize yourself with these options and utilize these settings.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may update or amend this information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality and security
We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site by any person using your password, or your device.
Visitors from outside the United States
The Site’s offices are located in the United States. If you visit the site from another country, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed in and transferred to the United States and will be subject to U.S. law.
Children under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions and suggestions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using, or submitting content in any form or medium for publication on interfaithjusticesd.org. By continuing to use alliancesd.org, or by submitting content for publication on interfaithjusticesd.org, you agree to abide and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
ASD reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and you agree by virtue of your continued use of our site to be bound by any such changes.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or functionality that augment or enhance our site shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
The most current version of these Terms and Conditions can be viewed at any time at www.alliancesd.org
1. Modifications and Discontinuance of Site
ASD reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any portion of the site at any time with or without notice to you. You agree that ASD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, or other related entities shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of our site.
2. Terminating Your Use of Our Site
ASD reserves the right to terminate your access to our site for any reason, and to take any other actions that ASD, in its sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of our organization, etiquette, and of our users as a whole. It is our policy, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), to terminate use of our site by repeat copyright infringers. You agree that ASD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, or other related entities will not be liable to you or any third party in the event of such termination.
3. Contributor Content on the Site
(a) Any content submitted or otherwise made available by individual independent contributors on the site, including articles, comments to articles or other content that does not originate with alliancesd.org, is not the responsibility of ASD, but rather the sole responsibility of the person who created the content for use on the site. In no way and under no circumstances will ASD be held responsible for any content made available on the site by you or any third party.
(b) ASD does not claim ownership of the content created and posted by individual independent contributors to the site. Content posted by independent contributors is owned by the author of such content. However, by submitting content to alliancesd.org, you automatically grant Alliance San Diego and its sponsors, an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, nonexclusive, right and worldwide license to use, publish, copy, modify, edit, create derivative works, reproduce, distribute, sub-license, exploit such content in any manner, media or format now known or hereafter developed, for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such content, without any obligation of notice or compensation to you.
(c) You, as content provider, shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and any consequences that arise from posting and publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm and/or represent that:
(i) You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary rights in, and to any and all such submissions made to ASD, and you authorize ASD to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions; and
(ii) You agree that you will not use the site to transmit or make available any content that:
- Infringes any intellectual property rights of any party, including but not limited to, material that is copyrighted, trade secret, patent, trademark or other proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights;
- Contains falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage ASD or any third party;
- Contains threats, is harassing, pornographic, hateful, racially and/or sexually offensive, encourages criminal conduct, unlawful, obscene, libelous, defamatory, violates any laws or regulations, is otherwise inappropriate, or violates ASD Etiquette Guidelines;
- You know or have reason to know is false, misleading, fraudulent; or
- Is in any way an advertisement or solicitation of business.
(d) ASD reserves the right, without the obligation, to edit, pre-screen, remove, or refuse to publish submissions to the site without prior notice.
(e) You understand that when you submit content in any form to alliancesd.org, we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other ASD branded environments, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, other related entities, or any sub-licensees of ASD.
(f) You take sole responsibility for your postings on the site and any disputes that result from such postings. You acknowledge that ASD has no obligation to resolve or become involved in any disputes between users of this site or any other third parties.
You agree to indemnify and hold ASD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, or any other related entities, harmless from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms and Conditions, any breach by you of your representations and warranties hereunder, or any infringement by you of a third party’s intellectual property or other rights. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section 4. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
5. Copyright Ownership
(a) interfaithjusticesd.org contains copyrighted material, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content, which are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. All articles, blogs, content and other elements on our site are also copyrighted works and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein.
(b) Unless expressly permitted, or as authorized by the principles of “fair use,” you may not copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, transmit or in any way exploit any part of our site or any content therein. In addition, these files cannot be used to construct any kind of database. ASD respects the right of others to use materials set forth on this site consistent with the principles of “fair use.” Content is protectable under the Federal Copyright laws of the United States, whether registered or unregistered. Based on this notice of copyright ownership, ASD reserves the right to deem any and all infringement of protected content on the site to be an intentional infringement.
(c) ASD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, and other related entities, own all rights to the logos and trademarks used in connection with the site. All other logos and trademarks that appear on alliancesd.org are the property of their respective owners.
6. Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any of our content infringes upon your copyright ownership, please contact ASD in writing by providing a signed statement containing the following information pursuant to the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the DMCA:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you are acting on behalf of a third party, please state their name;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please send your notice of the alleged infringement to:
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ASD is in accordance with the requirements of the DMCA and implements a policy to terminate use of our site by repeat infringers when appropriate.
7. Intellectual Property Infringement
If you are the owner or agent of any Intellectual Property rights other than copyright, including, but not limited to, patent, trade secret, trademark, privacy and publicity rights, and believe that any of our content infringes upon your ownership of such Intellectual Property rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Disclaimer Regarding Content Accuracy and Opinion
As an Internet Service Provider, we are not responsible for inaccuracies in the content and opinions expressed by content providers. Opinions and other statements expressed by independent contributors, bloggers, legislators, and other third parties, are not the opinions of ASD. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of third parties. ASD makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of any content on the site provided by third parties. By providing you with the ability to view and distribute content throughout the site, you acknowledge that ASD does not undertake any obligation or liability in relation to the content. ASD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, or other related entities do not undertake any duty to monitor the site for unlawful or inappropriate conduct. ASD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, or other related entities do not assume liability or responsibility which may arise from content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, slander, libel, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rise, profanity, obscenity, misrepresentation, or fraud.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, ASD, reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings, or materials at any time in our sole discretion.
9. ASD is Not Responsible for Linked Sites
ASD is not responsible for the content or availability of other services that may be linked to our site. Because ASD has no control over such services, you agree that ASD is not responsible for the availability of such external services, that ASD does not endorse such external services, and is not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, products, advertising or other materials on or available from such services or links. You further acknowledge and agree that ASD shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any goods, services or content available on or through such services or links.
10. ASD May be Legally Compelled to Disclose Certain Information
You understand that ASD will comply with any subpoenas issued by a court or from a law enforcement or government agency, without your consent or prior notice to you. In such event, ASD may disclose your name, username, IP address, IP location or other information in response.
11. Limited Liability
ASD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, or other related entities, are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, loss of data, or loss of business, in any way related to this site or for any claim, loss or injury based on omissions, errors, interruptions or other inaccuracies in our site (including, without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of these Terms and Conditions).
12. Disputes Governed by California Law
Without regard to conflict of laws principles, these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, and are applicable to agreements made and to be performed therein. BY CONTINUING TO USE OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
OUR SITE IS AVAILABLE “AS-IS.” ASD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITE. ASD DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO OUR SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR GOODS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OR ADVERTISED OR SOLD THROUGH OUR SITE. ASD DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, NOR DO WE ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED ON THIS SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH LINKS ON OUR SITE. ASD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON OUR SITE.
ALTHOUGH ASD INTENDS TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO OUR SITE, ASD DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT OUR SITE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR SITE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. ASD IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. IF YOU RELY ON OUR SITE AND ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
OUR SITE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES, MARKET DATA, STOCK QUOTES OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY US OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT ON OUR SITE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING MARKET DATA, IS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE. SUCH CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF TAX OR INVESTMENT ADVICE AND IT DOES NOT ADVOCATE THE PURCHASE OR SALE OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT.
INFORMATION CREATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY ACCESS ON OUR SITE OR THROUGH LINKS IS NOT ADOPTED OR ENDORSED BY ASD AND REMAINS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES.